The Little Ship Club of Canterbury is a group of current, former and future cruisers who gather on a regular basis to discuss articles of interest, listen to key note speakers and organising events connected with our common involvement with the sea and those who sail on it.
You can view previous newsletters or join our mailing list by clicking here.
• Membership in a unique and quite prestigious organisation with affiliations in other centres overseas
• Members only outings, some of which will give members access to otherwise closed venues.
• Access and the right to borrow books from our extensive nautical library.
• Special rates for hire of the club EPIRB ($35 per week for members, $55 per week non members)
• The opportunity to purchase club caps ($15) and club burgees ($40).
• The opportunity to make new friends with others who share our interests.
• Access to the vast repository of technical and maritime knowledge held by our members.
• Visits to member’s crafts and opportunities to sail in them and see how they are organised.
• Regular informative news letters
• Social interaction with like minded fellow enthusiasts
If you are a cruiser visiting Lyttelton or Akaroa, please get in touch via our contact page. We would love to give you some useful information on the area, hear about your adventures and extend some hospitality your way!
Meetings are mostly held at 7.30 on the 3rd Thursday of each month and usually take place in the ward room at Naval Point Club, with committee meetings at 6 pm beforehand. Check the calendar of events page to see what we are up to!